What is a shipping label?
To put it in simple terms, shipping labels are an identification label that describes a package in transit. It contains all the important information related to a package. This includes the name and address of the receiver, weight, tracking number, barcode, etc.
Setting up an online retail store? We have some very imp ortant piece of information that is vital to your business. Setting up an online store comes with hoards of benefits. However, there are certain aspects that you need to pay special attention to.
One of them is the shipping label. At first, it may appear like a piece of a puzzle. But it forms a very major factor that helps you to win customer trust. Why are shipping labels so important? And why it needs your special attention?
Importance of Shipping Labels:
• Shipping labels form an integral part of the supply chain that enables the package to move in the right direction. Starting from the warehouse, it directs the package to reach the end customer.
• All the crucial information like the address of the receiver, sender, contact information, and much more are printed on the label. These important pieces of information can help to track the package from time to time.
• A customized shipping label plays an important role in branding your store. It gives a distinct face to your brand and sets it apart from the rest in the market. You can thus create a shipping label that is unique and gives your store a separate identity.
• If you want to create a professional image of your store in the eyes of your customers, then shipping labels are a great way to do so. It gives out a positive picture of your business to the end receiver and shows that you are serious about your duties.
• Not to forget, a shipping label acts as a savior in case the parcel is lost anywhere in transit. Thus, it also shows that you are taking all the steps needed to protect the customer package.
The shipping labels form an integral part of your e-commerce store or other transport activities. There can be a variety of labels that you can use like FBA labels, fragile labels, arrow labels, dangerous goods labels, and many more.
Each of the labels plays a specific role in the transportation of goods.
Role of Shipping Label
• Helps efficient transportation:
The presence of a shipping label enables the package to be sorted with the help of an automated sorting system. Thus the parcel can be cleared quickly based on the sorting system.
The shipping label helps the parcel to reach the final customer efficiently. It also reduces the cost to companies, improves efficiency, and customer satisfaction also.
• Accurate as compared to the key input:
Shipping labels contain a barcode on it. The barcode is a very efficient and cost-effective way of storing information. It is easier than the manual entry system which is prone to human errors.
• Helps customers to track:
You can provide the customers with an easy and convenient way to track their packages with the help of a shipping label. Packages that have been ordered online can be tracked using the tracking information on the shipping label.
Thus, you can keep the customers in the loop and let them know the movement of their package at every stage.
• Lesser delivery time:
When all the necessary information is available on the shipping label, the job of the courier agency is also reduced. All they have to do is scan the label to derive all the customer information.
The chances of error are less in printed labels as compared to handwritten ones. This enables on-time delivery of the package and saves time.
Shipping labels play a pivotal role in the eCommerce business. They represent the face of your packages and ensure the smooth delivery of orders. Now that you know how important shipping labels are, you might want to consider getting them printed to enhance and improve your business.
There are several online service providers like SkyGlobal.in that can help you to print shipping labels for your business. Such service providers take the burden off your shoulders and let you focus on the core business goals. They make sure that all the labels are appropriately printed and orders are shipped smoothly.